The verifi® Prenatal Test for Twins
Screening for fetal aneuploidy in twin gestations poses unique challenges such as lower levels of DNA available for analysis from each fetus. By expanding the sensitivity and overall capability to detect aneuploidies, we are now able to offer the verifi®prenatal test for twins!
The verifi® test for twins screens for:
- Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
- Presence of Y (optional)
The verifi® option can be used with both monozygotic and dizygotic cases.
The Twins Option — Improved Algorithm To Evaluate Risk
Innovative developments in workflow and bioinformatics have led to an increased number of sequencing reads per sample and improved the accuracy of classifying aneuploidy affected samples.
Using our improved algorithm to analyze 115 maternal plasma samples from twin pregnancies, the twins option correctly detected:1
- 3/3 cases with Trisomy 21 present in one twin
- 1/1 case with Trisomy 18 present in both twins (monochorionic)
- 91/91 cases with at least one male twin
- No false positives
By extending the capabilities of the SAFeR™ algorithm, the verifi® test can analyze complex twin cases with no increase in turn-around time or cost.
Easy to Use:
- Ship sample and requisition to Verinata
- Results reported in 5–7 business days via mail, online portal, or fax
- Aneuploid results: Verinata genetic counselors contact provider